Serving size: 8 people
- 4 eggs L
- 100 g of granulated sugar
- 100 g of heavy cream
- 227 g of mascarpone cheese
For the tiramisu layers
- 177 ml of coffee
- 2 teaspoons of rum or cognac (optional)
- 2 teaspoons of skimmed cocoa powder
- 24 La Reine biscuits
- One or two dark chocolate bars
- Put the egg yolks and 50 grams of sugar in a bowl and mix the ingredients with an electric mixer until they triple in volume.
- Transfer the misture to a larger bowl, add the mascarpone cheese and blend until smooth.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff and add the remaining 50 grams of sugar.
- Add the coffee and rum in a bowl and set aside. Using a sieve, sprinkle a baking tray with the cocoa powder.
- Dip one La Reine biscuit at a time into the coffee mixture and place them in the tray with the round side up.
- Repeat the process and, in each of the layers, spread the mascarpone mixture evenly.
- In the last layer, sprinkle again with cocoa powder. If you wish, you can also add chocolate shavings.
- Cover the tray with cling film and refrigerate for, at least, four hours.